Wednesday, May 14, 2008

note to self: changing your hair color will not change your life

It started out raven black and has now turned into indigo. I feel like I should be wearing a bunch of tattoos and piercings. And I've been wearing a lot of black, which of course is slimming, but not necessarily great for 90 degree humid heat.

A lot of things can change in a week. Some for the bad. And some for the bad. And then there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I always like to say that things have to get incredibly bad before they can be right again.

The question is: exactly how much ugliness can a person take?

I've had a really strange week, which would explain the bad hair color decision. I picked up the wrong box out of duress. But, like anyone who knows how to make things in her life work out to her benefit, I've decided to "own" the blue hair.

Actually, its a new approach to life, in general. So, instead of shrugging away when the girl behind the counter at the gym asked if my hair was really blue, I should have boldly said. "Yes, it is!" It would have made a difference, I guess because she was all: "that's rad!"

I've decided to speak my mind these days. It's changed my life for the time being. It's made my life better at work and my personal life a lot more chaotic. I guess you can tell who your real friends are by how well they handle your opinions and criticism . . . and emotional breakdowns.

And for the time being . . . I'm rocking the hair . . . blue and all.






No comments: